Monday, December 05, 2005

If I can make it here...

We arrived in New York City exactly one week ago today. I had hoped to have this blog up and running sooner but I have not had dependabel internet access since we moved in. Actually, technically we still don't. We have a neighbor with a really strong signal and are currently "borrowing" it.

New York has been great so far. We have a terrific but small apartment so we are trying to figure out where top put all of our stuff and as we unpack find ourselves wondering where it all came from in the first place. We are about one block from Washington Square Park - amazing. Rich has a 5-minute walk to his office. Until yesterday we hadn't even found the need to get on the subway because there is so much to explore just within walking distance. Now that our dishes are here we can start cooking our meals and stop eating out all the time. It's been fun but I think we are ready to stop hemorraging our money to the restaurants!

We had dinner with WIll and Joyce, went out with Deana and Mike and tomorrow I am meeting up with Maren. My cousin Louise is in town for a few days so we went to Central Park with her yesterday and I am going to meet her at the MOMA this afternoon. My other cousin, Jeffrey - other side of the family - is also going to come stay with us for a day or two this week.

Oh, and I ate my first knish at Yonah Schimmel's Knishery. I don't know if it was exemplary of a good knish. It was much more potatoey than I expected.

This blog is meant to be a chronicle of our adventures in this big, bad city. I know a lot of you want to know how we will be adjusting to life here and hopefully this will be a good place for you all to check in and see what wackiness ensues when you unleash a Ph.D and an actress on the Big Apple.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kat Candler said...

I can't wait to find out what happens next!!!

05 December, 2005

 
Blogger spuhlermccabe said...

I am so glad you two are safe and sound in NYC now! I am putting my expectation out there right now!
1. You will come down to DC at some point.
2. We will be coming to NYC and attending a Daily Show!
This is my favorite time to be in NYC. Not just because of the Xmas thing but the city is just crazy at this time. Can I just say again how happy some of us are that you two are on the East coast again!!!! Love, Tara

05 December, 2005

 
Blogger karen said...

I can't wait to be up there, joining in on the fun. see you in exactly 23 days.
xoxo,
Karen

05 December, 2005

 
Blogger kelly rae said...

i'm so happy you're doing this. i already feel more connected.
xoxox
kelly

05 December, 2005

 
Blogger Billyearljr said...

I wish you luck. Let us know when we need to book our plane tix to see you on broadway.

13 December, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm enjoying your blog. I just have to remember to read it. Dad

14 December, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home