Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Am I missing something?

For the third time in as many days I have seen a woman walking down the street wearing a tiara. Is this some new fashion trend I have missed hearing about? They have been three very different women: one Asian, two white and spanning in age from their 20s to their 40s and none of whom looked like they had just stepped out of the pages of Vogue or anything. It's very bizarre.

One good thing about winter: it hides some of the worst fashion crimes out there. With the on-set of summer weather New Yorkers are revealing their true colors and sometimes that means revealing a little too much. I'm no badge-flashing fashion policeman and Lord knows I'm sure I make my own mistakes, but I think mine tend more toward the less figure-flattering variety rather than the figure-flaunting. I'm all for celebrating all body types and all, but some figures should not be flaunted. Others can be flaunted but maybe not in black fishnets, knee high boots and denim shorts that are basically underwear (true story).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home