Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Waiting to exhale

So he pretty much has the nomination. A black man is the Democratic nominee for President of the United States. I wish his parents were alive to see it happening. I have funny knots in my tummy. I want to cry with relief, with anxiety, with joy. I feel awful for Hillary. I admire her. I have always been prepared for her to run for president. And yes, despite the fact that most people in my peer group voted for Obama during the primaries, I voted for Hillary and I stand by my decision. I don't dislike Obama, far from it. I think he will be everything he says he will be. But I believe in Hillary too. I think she has suffered from dynasty fatigue. After 12 Bush years of the last 20 and the other 8 being a Clinton, this country really does want change - a name change if nothing else.

I think my stomach will remain in knots until the winner in the presidential election is declared. We can't afford to mess this one up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home