Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Blog paralysis

I do not own a laptop. We have a desktop and Rich has a laptop for work (so he can take his work wherever he goes - yippee). Because I do not own a laptop, I don't really blog when I go away. This leads to blog paralysis when I get back because I always have intentions of coming home and writing about our recent trip, maybe posting some photos, but then I inevitably have a bunch of other stuff I have to do when I get home - laundry, housework, jetlag recovery, etc. - and I don't make the time to sit and write. Then I get back to my life and encounter things in my day that I think I should blog about but then I don't and I just further and further into my blog hole and start thinking I need to write a catch-up entry but that will take forever and spending that much time blogging gets daunting so I don't write and on and on the cycle goes.

So, my new philosophy is to stop thinking about my imaginary blog hole and just write. Sorry to all three of you who read this that you won't get the exciting details of taking a 10.5 hour flight with a toddler. I know it's killing you. I am back in the present moment and doing my best to stay here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home