Saturday, December 24, 2005

A bonified celebrity sighting

At last - Rick Ocasek, Paulina Poraskova and brood in Times Square, presumably en route to see a play. Rick is one weird looking dude - there is no way he can blend in a crowd.

Saw Sweeney Todd last night. What a beautiful production. I have never seen it before so I don't know what it's like with a full cast of 30+ and lots of changing scenery. This was spare, creative and simple so nothing took away from the songs and the story (except Patti Lupone's lapses in diction which I understand she is notorious for). There were about 10 cast members and they all played all the instruments accordion, double bass, violin, piano, clarinet - it's mindblowing how talented those cast members are and it makes me realize how few skills I really have. Kind of unnerving but inspirational to see.

We are off to Connecticut to spend the weekend with Rich's family. Looking forward to seeing family I know and even meeting some new family members.

Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukah! or Happy Holidays! - whatever you prefer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home