Monday, October 09, 2006

Overdue



This picture was taken yesterday, our official due date. It was a beautiful autumn day yesterday. Perhaps that's why he decided not to come - he wanted us to enjoy the fine weather and go on a nice loooong walk to try to entice him out.

It's getting challenging. I am torn between the eagerness and excitement and the fear and the dread. Rich is annoyed he has to go to work today; he was hoping he'd have a baby to play with instead. People tell us to enjoy these last few days of "freedom" but at 40 weeks pregnant that's easier said than done, especially when many of the things I enjoy I haven't been able to enjoy for the last several months anyway.

So, that's the update for those of you wondering if you had missed anything. Hopefully there will be more news in the coming week.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Annalise was "two weeks late", they said. I finally just went to work everyday like normal, tried not to waddle and tried to avert all the questions.
In the end, we had to be induced.

It won't be long.

They say that Mexican food helps, but is there good Mexican food in NYC?

For me, nothing really moved it along. I honestly don't think I was ready as silly as that sounds.

I can't wait to meet the new person as soon as she's ready!

09 October, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe it was Chinese food that worked for us... and maybe a nearby tropical storm. :o)
Clare, you look beautiful and striking as always. We are very excited for you two.
Love always,
Your cousin David

09 October, 2006

 
Blogger kelly rae said...

saturday, it's going to be saturday.

10 October, 2006

 
Blogger jason s said...

Yeah, okay ... but why is the cat staring at your butt?

I hope, for your sake, that I don't get a response to that question b/c you're off in labor meeting your child face to face!

11 October, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clare, you are gorgeous as usual. I just caught up on the blog and thought the belly button ring posting was hilarious. Did you keep it for the baby? You know, sentimental value and all that. Kind of like my grandmother's wedding ring which I now wear.

I was absolutely driven for some reason to connect with you today and caught neither of you, so now I am ancy wondering if now is the time!

If is is, my thoughts are with you. If it isn't, they are still, obviously, with you.

Cheers, and it looks like a bunch of Fremonsters might be on the Leno show on Halloween carving pumpkins so in a perfect world I would come and get to visit you!! We'll see. Wouldn't that be a hoot! Likely be Jon Hegeman, Candy, Simon, Phil--a regular reunion!!

11 October, 2006

 
Blogger kelly rae said...

happy birthday, my friend!!
xoxo
i love theo!

16 October, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home