Monday, September 18, 2006

I Love/Hate NY

Sometimes this is the best city in the world and sometimes it just sucks. On Saturday I was doing some wandering around looking for lamps for our new place since we have almost no overhead lighting and only three lamps, two of which are on either side of our bed. I ended up with no lamps, but I got a step stool (we have lots of high shelves in our kitchen and our closets) and a small garbage can for the bathroom. Seeing as my items were cumbersome, I was starting to feel hot and tired and I was about 20 blocks from home, I decided to hail a cab. Ha! Ha! Ha! Joke's on you pregnant lady. Not a single cab would stop for me. I even had empty cabs passing me! I was incredulous and more than a little pissed off. I ended up on the stupid subway, sweating and huffing my way home.

Then today was completely the opposite. The guy handing out flyers on the street said "God bless you and your baby", another guy in Whole Foods insisted on helping me with my cart and people actually moved out of my way. I felt refreshed and my faith in humanity was restored. Also, I looked out my window this morning and a huge orange butterfly was floating by. A butterfly, seventeen floors up, in the middle of Manhattan. It brought a smile to my face.

1 Comments:

Blogger kelly rae said...

oh honey, that butterfly was meant just for you.

18 September, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home