Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Back east

We are back from a terrific trip to Seattle. We saw tons of friends, had a surprise baby shower, enjoyed the 75 degree weather while New York City baked in triple digits, ate lots of great food and almost got to be present for the birth of our friends' baby. My friend Janet was put on bed rest in the hospital two days before I got to town so I visited her every day I was there. We left this past Monday afternoon, she went into labor that night and delivered their baby girl yesterday at 3:19pm. When I left they were possibly going to induce on Thursday (tomorrow) so we had no idea it was quite so imminent. I'm sad I can't be there and I won't get to meet little Anya until she is several months old, but I am so happy everyone is healthy and happy. It is making me anxious to meet our own baby.

We are also gearing up to move to a bigger apartment. We agreed to take one that is in our same building but two floors up. The rent increase will take a bite, especially with the increase costs associated with the baby, but it is so much larger and it feels like a space that we can really make into a home and are far less likely to outgrow than the other, less expensive 2BR we were shown. With baby presents galore slowly creeping across our current living room floor I am eager to get into the new place and start getting settled in and nested.

1 Comments:

Blogger jason s said...

let's see new pregnant clare photos!!!
:)

09 August, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home