Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Where on Earth is the sun hid away?

When people hear that we have moved here from Seattle, more often than not, one of the first questions I get is how we handled the weather. At this point however, I need merely point to New York City's own stinking weather this summer. Seattle has perfect summers - never much warmer that the low 80s, little to no humidity, a nice cooling down in the evening, you know, perfect. The stupid East Coast however, humidity that makes you feel like you are walking under a blanket and this year, all the ridiculous rain! For the last month I don't think we have had one single week with no rain. And mind you, this is no Seattle drizzle. This is full on downpour rain. At one point this morning I couldn't even see more than three blocks out of my window. I'm getting pretty sick of it. To be honest, the weather was my biggest hesitation about coming back East. Oppressively hot summers and freezing, snowy winters. I'm a Libra. I like balance and the West Coast is just so much milder. Sure, Seattle had dark, dreary winters and sure, come May I was ready for some freakin' sun already, but summer made it all worth it. We go back for a visit the first week of August and I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home