Thursday, July 06, 2006

I Don't Heart Smokers

I'm sick of smokers. Some of the people I love most in this world are or have been smokers and I am so grateful to those that have quit. I don't know if it's that more people smoke in New York or if it's that with indoor smoking banned they are all outside on the sidewalk or the fact that I am pregnant and even more sensitive than I already was, but it seems like they are everywhere these days. On the 4th of July I was trying to enjoy an outdoor concert and on either side of me were smokers. Yesterday as I was walking home from the grocery store I couldn't seem to walk fast enough to get past some chimney whose smoke kept going in my face. It's bad enough I have to deal with traffic exhaust but to have to contend with that foul stuff as well just gets me so angry - especially as a pregnant woman. I try so hard to eat well and avoid putting toxic stuff in my body and these fools make it so hard. Why people pick up the habit I just do not understand. I guess others may say that of alcohol and caffeine, two substances which I do enjoy, but sipping a glass of wine or a cup of coffee doesn't intrude on anyone else's personal space the way cigarettes do so it's hardly a fair comparison.

That's my tirade for the day. Thank you for your time.

1 Comments:

Blogger kelly rae said...

add it to the getting older list. i'm the same way. it's seems so rude to smoke next to a non-smoker.

06 July, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home