Monday, July 17, 2006

I'm melting

OK, I know this heat wave has hit pretty much the entire country with the exception of where? Oh, yes, Seattle where it's a perfect 75 degrees today. It was in the 90s by noon here in New York City. You know, it's one thing being hot in the city. It's another being hot and 28 weeks pregnant in the city. And then there's being hot, 28 weeks pregnant and waiting for a subway in the city. Ho-ly crap. I generally try to avoid the subway on days like this but I have a doctor's appointment today so I am going to have to deal. I've been beginning to experience some of the shortness of breath that comes at this stage of pregnancy due to my lungs having a little less room to expand and it is not helped at all by submerging myself into an airless tunnel to wait for a train. Yes, I'm drinking plenty of water and I carry it with me at all times. I think I need to go to Chinatown to buy a little fan too. I'm heading to Seattle in less than two weeks and, oh momma, am I glad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home