Thursday, January 19, 2006

Two funny NYC moments

1) I think I actually heard someone use the word "suburbanite" as an insult. I could be wrong, maybe I just overheard one word in a conversation, but even the idea of it made me laugh.

2) I was walking on the sidewalk next to one of the subway vents and I heard a cat meowing. I turned to look and saw an older, rough looking gentleman walking along slowly over the vent. I stopped, I listened, I watched. Was he following the cat? Was it his cat? The meowing continued and the man kept looking down into the vent. I walked back, looked down the vent and then stood in front of the man. He looked up at me and I said "Is that you?" He looked at me and meowed. So freaking funny.

1 Comments:

Blogger kelly rae said...

oh god, you are so in nyc!

19 January, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home