Sunday, July 20, 2008

Overheard in NYC

Yesterday I was in a bagel shop and a woman walked in to order an iced coffee. This is how she ordered it:

"I'd like an iced coffee, lowfat milk, one Equal, one Sweet n' Low but put the Equal and Sweet n' Low in last because if you put it in first it sinks to the bottom."

First of all, gross. Equal AND Sweet n' Low? Why? And exactly how sweet is your tooth? Before I curbed my sugar intake I would put one Sweet n' Low in my iced coffee and that was pretty sweet.

Second of all, I do have to give the woman props for knowing exactly how she likes her coffee. In this town where so many places add your milk and sugar for you (something I can't stand by the way), you have to be specific or your coffee can be undrinkable. I know from experience.

For more things overheard in New York go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home