Saturday, November 18, 2006

Hats off to single parents

Today is my fourth and final day as a temporary single parent. Rich has been at a conference in Boston since Wednesday leaving me to tend to Theo alone. Overall, it hasn't been terrible mostly because I am alone with him during the day all day anyway and my nights were tolerable thanks to my wonderful friends Karen, Deana and Mike who came over to keep me company, share a meal and keep me sane. I don't know how single parents do it. I suppose single parents have a job they have to go to so they get a break from the baby although it probably doesn't feel like a break to those who would rather be home with their child. If I were away from him all day I would enjoy my evenings with him more but as it stands by the time 6pm rolls around, I am ready for a break, especially since I get to spend the wee hours with him attached to my boob.

Rich comes home sometime this evening and tomorrow I get to go have brunch with Amre and Karen sans Theo. I'm sure I'll be worried the entire time I'm gone but I think I'll also find it in me to enjoy being baby-free for a couple of hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home