Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Fall-ing

Ah, Autumn in New York. The weather has been glorious and that makes all the beautiful things about this city sparkle and shine. I feel like we are finally recovering from our crazy summer travels and settling back into a nice routine. We are also nesting a little bit in preparation for colder weather. I got our desk organized and cleaned up (you can take a free shuttle to the IKEA in Elizabeth, NJ. It was so damn easy and I didn't have to think beyond my little shopping list) and the armoire we ordered for our television arrived in many boxes today so soon we will have a baby-proof TV zone. It was a good weekend - cleaning, organizing, going to the playground, getting bagels early on Sunday morning, Rich and Theo went to Central Park Saturday afternoon and the Red Sox at least won one of the three games against the Yankees.

I feel like as Theo approaches the one year mark Rich and I are finally finding our footing as parents. I am going to start teaching a little bit and Theo will be getting adjusted to an additional caretaker. That alone opens up so much more possibility - work, stroller-free errands and yes, even a date night with my husband. I'm heading into Fall with a clearer mind and slightly better focus so I'm eager to see what that opens up for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger kelly rae said...

clare, i'm so excited about seeing you and family in a few weeks! fall in nyc seems so romantic. i'm glad you are finding your way. you sound good.
much xoxox
kelly

18 September, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home