Tuesday, September 25, 2007

New York City mornings

I have the luck to not have to deal with the morning commute. However, I still have to wake up at 6am to start my job as Mom. I was recently inspired by my friend Cynthia to take better advantage of the mornings. She mentioned that she often takes her daughter for a morning walk, grabs a coffee or a bagel, enjoying the cooler weather. Last week Cynthia and I took our kids out for a 7:30am breakfast date and for the past few mornings I have continued the morning outing routine. Sunday and Monday I actually got my act together and took Theo for a run along the Hudson River and today we just went for a walk to get some coffee. Mornings in New York are so much more pleasant. There isn't a lot of traffic yet, many people are surprisingly friendly (I guess because they haven't had a chance to get pissed off at the world yet) and there are lots of dogs being walked and who can't smile at a dog? Even though it's hard for me to fathom getting out of my bed when I am summoned by my son and it's still dark outside, once I'm up and moving it's pretty darn pleasant. Hopefully I can stick with this new routine although it might be destroyed once the temperatures start to drop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home