Monday, March 20, 2006

Happy Spring!

Today is the first day of spring. This also means it's my goddaughter Madison's 6th birthday. Holy crap.



This photo was actually taken last August on her first day of school. I can't believe how big she is. I can still remember when Kelly called me to tell me she was pregnant. She is something special and so is her little sister, Cameron. They are such different personalities - Madison is boisterous and mischievious like her mother and Cam is quiet and observant like her dad. It's fascinating and I look forward to watching them grow up and become even more complex young women.

Rich is back in Seattle working for the week and Karen and I had a total dating weekend. You know when you first start dating someone and you see each other all the time? That's what our weekend was like. We spent Saturday with our friend Kristy checking out Ft. Tryon park (click on my photo album link and you can see the few pictures I took). Ft. Tryon is at the northern tip of Manhattan and it's where the Cloisters museum is. It was so nice and sunny that we didn't actually go into the Cloisters but it was lovely nevertheless. After the park we took the bus all the way back into town which must have taken about an hour but we just chatted and did some sightseeing along the way so it went fast. Then we went out to dinner and since Rich is gone and Karen's roomie is also out of town, she came back to my apt and spent the night. The next morning we went and got Donut Plant donuts (mmmm, donuts....) and the best chai ever. We split up for a few hours and then met up again for a great yoga class and then back to her place to watch The Sopranos.

AND, in the elevator leaving the yoga class we saw Russell Simmons! Founder of Def Jam Records, yogi, vegan and all around awesome hip hop mogul. He was IN the elevator with us and he was sooooo nice. We were all giddy about it for hours afterwards and kept trying to call people to tell them but no one we called would answer their damn phones! I have finally seen a celebrity that got me excited. I walked past Washington Square Park the other day and they were filming a Robin Williams movie and I saw him from afar wearing a cowboy hat and sporting some killer sideburns but that didn't really excite me since it was a celebrity-spotting set-up and not just a random occurrence like sharing an elevator (AND A YOGA STUDIO!) with Russell Simmons.

My brother Jeremy gets to town on Wednesday and I am excited to have him here and show him around. It's been a long, long time since we have hung out, just the two of us. I am looking forward to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger karen said...

I love that we had a total "dating" weekend. It was fun not having boys around to worry about so we could just do whatever. AND doing yoga finally for the first time in months, AND seeing Russell Simmons.

20 March, 2006

 
Blogger kelly rae said...

i'm officially jealous. you girls are having too much fun!

20 March, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home