Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I'm a wuss

I am not in love with New York these days. The main reason? It's too damn cold. For some reason this particular winter has chilled me to the bone. Like I never quite feel like I am truly warm. Right now, for instance, on the surface I am warm - wearing my favorite comfy sweatshirt, my cozy slippers with a warm cat asleep on my lap but I still feel like there is a deep internal chill. Thankfully it's been pretty sunny and dry so it's not a damp chill, it's just more like cold exhaustion. The idea of bundling up everytime I go outside and knowing I will still be cold is taking a toll on me. I don't go out at night. Karen invited us over for dinner the other night because some Austin friends are in town and although I was low energy anyway, the idea of the cold, windy walk from the subway to her apartment was enough for me to bow out for the evening. I want to go out and experience more of New York but I hate being cold so much that I am just waiting for spring to arrive to bump us up at least another 10 degrees. It's March so I am hopeful those days are not too far away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home