Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The elephant in the room

I don't know who actually reads this blog. The people I link with, I know, my parents and a few other people have mentioned that they have read it. Therefore, I think most people reading this already know but for those of you who lurk out there unbeknownst to me, the big thing that I HAVEN'T written about, that eclipses all the other blogs I have written in the past few months is that: I'm pregnant. 13 weeks and 2 days as of today. Rich and I are excited and also completely terrified. I went home to Jax this past weekend and came home with two little onesies that Kelly bought for the baby and that kind of made it real for Rich. I have had to embrace the reality of it already thanks to things like nausea, ill-fitting clothes, appetite changes and the inability to drink alcohol. There are also those ultrasounds that actually show pictures of a little person inside me that really bring it home. So, to answer some FAQs for you: The due date is Oct. 8 (poor Rich, a Leo in a houseful of Libras), no, we are not going to find out the sex beforehand and no, we do not have names picked out yet and even when we do, we won't tell you. The baby's current codename is "Chester" but don't worry, it won't stick once s/he is out in the world.

So there you go. It's out in the world, officially. Yeah, writing it down is something I haven't done yet and there's something about seeing it in black and white (or blue and white as you're reading this I suppose) that further cements it in reality. It's going to be quite an adventure....

4 Comments:

Blogger Seattle's "Paint Princess" said...

Clare -
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!
Being knocked up is not my favorite part of the whole deal... although not needing to suck in your (ever expanding) gut for a whole 10 months is a real bonus.
I actually read your blog about 1x a week. Funny isn't it? Started one myself - they are rather addicting. Looking into podcast for fun.
Last, but not least: Libras get along pretty good with almost anyone, you'll have a very charming child who is fond of sweets - and Leos are well suited to Libras!
AND, no matter what the doctor says: Eat anything you want, you're pregnant for goodness sakes!
- Robin

05 April, 2006

 
Blogger gerberdaisy said...

get ready for the best ride of your life. Get What to Expect When YOu're Expecting (if you haven't already) and a book that has pictures of wht the bay looks like every month as your pregnant. Best wishes!

05 April, 2006

 
Blogger Mandy said...

Congratulations!!!

05 April, 2006

 
Blogger kelly rae said...

clare, it's been hard to keep the secret, so i'm glad it's out! i am so incredibly excited for you two. and i'm looking forward to hearing more as this journey continues for you. you're going to be an amazing mom. afterall you were always "momma clare"
xoxox

05 April, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home