Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Funny, the things you miss

It's the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and I find myself missing a day job. There is something about this time of year that is so evocative. When one has a regular schedule like school or a job, this time of year is palpable. There is an excitement and eagerness in the air. People are leaving town, making plans, they are distracted, things start to slow down as the year comes to a close and people begin to give up on getting much done between now and the January. Everyone is looking forward to time off work whether they are going to see family, friends or just getting away for a few days. I haven't worked in a year. Weird. I feel funny saying that because I never thought there would be a time when I wouldn't be working but we moved to NY and my goal was to focus on getting myself familiar with the acting and teaching scene. I launched into things full force but then pregnancy came along and everything was thrown. Now, I'm a stay-at-home mom and while what I do is certainly work, I miss the comraderie of a workplace and, ironically, the feeling of preparing to go on vacation from the workplace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home