Monday, April 24, 2006

Babies bring blessings

When I found out I was pregnant, one of my first thoughts was "so much for getting my acting career jumpstarted now that I'm here in New York City." I figured no one would be looking to hire a pregnant woman. Then I saw a posting on one of my audition websites for Expecting Models, a modeling agency that specializes in pregnant women. Of course! Someone has to pose for Parenting Magazine and Mimi Maternity and all those other pregnancy ads and editorial photos. So, I sent my stuff in and on Friday I got a call asking me to come in this morning. I went in, gave them my headshots, they took a bunch of pictures of me in a bikini and high heels (do beauty pageant contestants feel as ridiculous as I did?) and then they gave me a contract to sign! So now, I just have to hope that some of their clients see my photos and call to book me for work. It will feel so good to actually make some money for the first time since we got here. It's funny that I was so convinced my career would just remain on hold for another year or more but in actuality, the baby might be what gets my career started. Everything happens for a reason. Thanks little one.

3 Comments:

Blogger kelly rae said...

i love this stuff. the surprises. the meant to be's. how cool is that! congratulations. you and karen are on a roll.

24 April, 2006

 
Blogger Billyearljr said...

I'll be scaning the upcoming catalog for Mimi maternity looking for old friends.

25 April, 2006

 
Blogger Ama Livia said...

is karen pregnant, too?! you are gonna be on some major magazine covers, sexy mama! congratulations. i am so excited about this little baby.

28 April, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home