Friday, May 12, 2006

Kat & Mark's wedding day

I love weddings. I love that they are expressions of the couple being celebrated. It's rare these days that I go to a completely by-the-book wedding, with the same music, same vows and same-but-different young women in same-but-different bridesmaids gowns. Kat and Mark's wedding had their stamp all over it: In a movie theatre, wearing Converse, part of their vows expressed in film clips and the other part spoken in their own heartfelt, depths-of-the soul words. There was not a dry eye in the place. At the reception the joyful tears continued beginning with a very moving speech by Mark's dad who had to keep stopping to compose himself while the rest of us tried not to bawl too loudly. Ama read a beautiful poem she wrote that morning and I read some words that I wrote down at 6 that morning as I gave up on sleep thanks to pregnancy discomfort and sympathy nerves. It was everything you hope your best friend's wedding will be.

The ceremony

The first dance

The bride and groom wore Converse

The happy couple

Karen & Ralph celebrating wedding romance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home