Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Quick update

I have been remiss about writing again. A lot has happened in the last month. I should just refer you to Karen's blog because most of it is relevant to this update as well. Mike and Jackie came through town the weekend after we saw them in Austin; KEXP came to town and I volunteered for them three of the five days they were here; our friends Jennifer and Darren from Seattle came for a visit; I went down to DC for Tara and Kendrick's baby shower; and Rich and I just got back from a week in England visiting family. I have also finally updated our online photo album so you can see pictures of most of these events. The link is over there on your right.

In baby news there isn't too much to report I am happy to say. Movement is now perceptible although not from the outside. It's still a sensation I am getting used to and I'll be excited the day Rich is able to feel it too. My hormones hijacked my emotions yesterday and poor Rich came home to find me in tears. I think the act of putting away all the clothes I can officially no longer wear was the catalyst. Sure, I will hopefully be able to wear them again one day but there is something very sad about putting away all those cute clothes - especially when summer is here and one sees so many adorable sundresses in the windows and all those flat tummies peaking out from low slung jeans and tank tops. It's part of the mourning process. Sure, having a baby is a remarkable thing, but I think it's healthy to mourn the passing of the life I have known for the last 31 years. The other thing that got me was reading the Baby Bargains book and just being a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information and wanting to do it right and do it sensibly.

It's all compounded by the fact that we still haven't heard anything about getting a bigger apartment and it's starting to stress me out. If NYU doesn't have a 2-bedroom faculty apartment available to us, then I want work with them on another plan of action because while I know people cram into small spaces all the time, if we don't have to I don't want to. We could have taken the Hopkins offer and had a nice big house in Baltimore but we came here under the auspices that we would be taken care of accordingly so forgive me if I sound like a diva but I would like to live in a grown-up apartment suitable for a young family and I don't have a problem asking for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home